View Full Version : Can I get knoppix Kernel source and customize? rebuild
astormchaser
06-05-2003, 09:09 PM
I've been looking around the forum and saw one post that said it was nearly impossible is that true? The post mentioned something about Knoppix have patches to the Linux load line that your could not get? What if I just want to re-build one module, and re-link?
Thanks
Art
Ghandalfar
06-05-2003, 09:35 PM
I don't think it should be such a problem - you just need a knowladge of Debian, Debian kernel building and overall kernel building process (kernel-howto would be a good start)
I guess it would be nearly impossible for a newbie - not sure..
astormchaser
06-05-2003, 10:07 PM
Iv'e built and modified kernels but the howto that I found specific to Knoppix kernel customization seemed a bit scary? Just was hoping to hear from somebody that has recently done it.
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixCustomKernelHowto
Just looks like it has lots of little steps that if done incorrectly could be fatal
Ghandalfar
06-05-2003, 10:16 PM
not really - you just need time and paintaince and you can do it with trial and error method and you'll learn a great deal with every mistake :)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.