View Full Version : Adding a disclaimer and skip the menu
asimov-solensan
06-27-2013, 09:59 AM
Hello everybody, First of all I will introduce myself. I work on the networking/computing department of my faculty and we use here knoppix a lot as tool for networking exercises. We use a customized live CD, but it's quite old, 4.0. And well since I'm the "linux guy" here I have been told to update this CD. My intention is to use this guide: http://knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto And I do know how to do all I want with two exceptions. They are not mandatory but I would be a nice detail. The first one is to add a small disclaimer. Just ramarking that this is a version modified by the department "wahtever" at the faculty "whatever". Where and how do I put such a message, the idea is making it appear once while booting and that's it. The second one is to bypass the menu that boots at start. I really don't know where it comes from and I need my live CD to boot directly to the shell. And that's it, hope to get some help. Thanks a lot
Werner P. Schulz
06-27-2013, 11:35 AM
You can change
'../KNOPPIX/knoppix-logo-medium.png' and/or '../KNOPPIX/knoppix-logo-small.png'
'../boot/isolinux/boot.msg'
'../boot/isolinux.cfg' => value of TIMEOUT
'../minirt/minirtdir/init' => value of WELCOME and/or area nearby line 354
asimov-solensan
06-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the quick relply.
First of all I want to apologize for my message I will make some tests.
By the way my apologize for my former message. I don't know why it didn't saved the space between lines, and full stops.
Werner P. Schulz
06-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Use double "new line" for new section.
You can use the "Go Advanced" button to have more abilities to format the posting; before sending your posting use "Preview" to see how it looks like.
If "noscript" is active for http://knoppix.net/forum/ disable it for this website; otherwise you cannot use the format abilities.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.