Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Adding a disclaimer and skip the menu

  1. #1

    Adding a disclaimer and skip the menu

    Hello everybody, First of all I will introduce myself. I work on the networking/computing department of my faculty and we use here knoppix a lot as tool for networking exercises. We use a customized live CD, but it's quite old, 4.0. And well since I'm the "linux guy" here I have been told to update this CD. My intention is to use this guide: http://knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto And I do know how to do all I want with two exceptions. They are not mandatory but I would be a nice detail. The first one is to add a small disclaimer. Just ramarking that this is a version modified by the department "wahtever" at the faculty "whatever". Where and how do I put such a message, the idea is making it appear once while booting and that's it. The second one is to bypass the menu that boots at start. I really don't know where it comes from and I need my live CD to boot directly to the shell. And that's it, hope to get some help. Thanks a lot

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    You can change

    • '../KNOPPIX/knoppix-logo-medium.png' and/or '../KNOPPIX/knoppix-logo-small.png'
    • '../boot/isolinux/boot.msg'
    • '../boot/isolinux.cfg' => value of TIMEOUT
    • '../minirt/minirtdir/init' => value of WELCOME and/or area nearby line 354

  3. #3
    Thanks for the quick relply.

    First of all I want to apologize for my message I will make some tests.

    By the way my apologize for my former message. I don't know why it didn't saved the space between lines, and full stops.

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Use double "new line" for new section.

    You can use the "Go Advanced" button to have more abilities to format the posting; before sending your posting use "Preview" to see how it looks like.

    If "noscript" is active for http://knoppix.net/forum/ disable it for this website; otherwise you cannot use the format abilities.

    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 06-27-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$729.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$109.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00