PDA

View Full Version : lang= be gives Belgian - azerty keyboard but RUSSIAN menus



ahoogew
03-10-2014, 09:50 AM
I boot KNOPPIX 7.2.0 on a Toshiba Satelite P855, from a USB flash drive.
Note that booting from CD is not possible!
I have a Belgian AZERTY-keyboard (most options give a QWERTY-keyboard).
Setting the following parameters in Syslnx64.cfg
# KBDMAP be.kbd
LABEL knoppix
KERNEL linux
APPEND lang=be apm=power-off initrd=minirt.gz nomce libata.force=noncq hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1
LABEL knoppix64
KERNEL linux64
APPEND lang=be apm=power-off initrd=minirt.gz nomce libata.force=noncq hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1

The other language options are set to Lang=en

gives the desired azerty keyboard, but the main GUI menus are in RUSSIAN !!!
I would like to have them in English.

It seems that be stands for Bielo-Russian?

Werner P. Schulz
03-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Perhaps you have to declare (http://knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes#Micro-Remastering) lang=, keyboard= and xkeyboard=

ahoogew
03-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Werner, many thanks,
Puttig following lines in syslnx64.cfg does the job:
LABEL knoppix64
KERNEL linux64
APPEND lang=nl xkeyboard=be keyboard=be-latin1 apm=power-off initrd=minirt.gz nomce libata.force=noncq hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1