PDA

View Full Version : KnoppMyth R4



cesman
11-04-2003, 09:21 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm proud to annouce KnoppMyth R4 is now available for download!
http://mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html
http://mysettopbox.tv/CHANGELOG.txt
Mirrors:
http://knoppmyth.geekweb.net/
http://hust.la/KnoppMyth/
ftp://ftp.rdt1.org/From/KnoppMyth/r4/


I've incorporated MythTV 0.12 and the IvyTV drivers. I did extensive testing w/ the PVR-250 and it should work "out the box"! I've also added Motion to the mix. Motion will create MPEGs in MythVideo's directory so they can be viewed. Given a properly configured firewall/router you can also view motion live. In case you haven't been following the forums and have R3 installed. In order to backup, you must run mythbackup as root.

cesman

Henk Poley
11-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Yes, I probably should RTFM, but.. ;-)

Have you compiled any extra v4l and v4l2 drivers other than the ones supplied by knoppix, aka do you use the default knoppix kernel + modules?

I'd like to use my SAA7134 based card. The driver is stable, it is (was?) just not included in the default 2.4 kernel at the time I installed Knoppix (3 months ago).

cesman
11-04-2003, 04:22 PM
Yes, I probably should RTFM, but.. ;-)

Have you compiled any extra v4l and v4l2 drivers other than the ones supplied by knoppix, aka do you use the default knoppix kernel + modules?

I have patched the kernel w/ v4l2 and the latest patches from bytesex.org.

I'd like to use my SAA7134 based card. The driver is stable, it is (was?) just not included in the default 2.4 kernel at the time I installed Knoppix (3 months ago).
Sorry SAA7134 didn't make it in... I'll try and remember to include them for R5.

cesman

usbrit
12-04-2003, 04:58 AM
I'm a linux noob and am interested in installing mythTV on the HDD install of Knoppix 3.3 I have.
Can I do this form the Knoppmyth CD?
If not can you suggest the best way of doing what I want.
I have tried a alt-get mythtv to no avail.
Thanks
usbrit

y23
03-31-2005, 05:16 PM
SAA7134 works under kernel 2.6 !!

knopx4me
03-31-2005, 09:12 PM
:oops: