PDA

View Full Version : BOOT_IMAGE append on syslinux.cfg?



MediaSonic
11-26-2003, 01:05 AM
Hi people,

I was reading some syslinux documentation, but I could not find anything about the parameter BOOT_IMAGE, on syslinux.cfg. What is it for? How can I change "knoppix" value from there?

Thanks a lot,

Bernd Blaauw
12-01-2003, 12:01 AM
it's a parameter for the Linux kernel or some other Linux bootup file, not for Syslinux.

MediaSonic
12-01-2003, 01:10 AM
it's a parameter for the Linux kernel or some other Linux bootup file, not for Syslinux.

Hi, Bernd Blaauw, first of all, thanks for your help! :-)

Well, if its a bootup file, where is it? I've looking for something like this, but I didn't find. Do you know where is it? How can I change it?

Thanks a lot

Bernd Blaauw
12-06-2003, 10:43 PM
probably it refers to the file KNOPPIX (700MB almost),

so rename the file, and change BOOT_IMAGE=KNOPPIX
to BOOT_IMAGE=YOURFILE

don't know if the scripts still work then (miniroot.gz)