PDA

View Full Version : cloop on SuSE 8.2?



donnek
02-24-2004, 12:14 AM
So far as I know, cloop is not available on 8.2. I have downloaded the source, and run make cloneconfig and make dep to get a configure file. However, trying to make KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux asks for a conf.vars file, which I don't have. If I touch that file, the make proceeds, but on insmod I get a message about unresolved symbols. Can anyone give me any ideas on what i might be doing wrong?

Thanks, Kevin

windos_no_thanks
02-24-2004, 10:58 AM
So far as I know, cloop is not available on 8.2. I have downloaded the source, and run make cloneconfig and make dep to get a configure file. However, trying to make KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux asks for a conf.vars file, which I don't have. If I touch that file, the make proceeds, but on insmod I get a message about unresolved symbols. Can anyone give me any ideas on what i might be doing wrong?

Thanks, Kevin
Perhaps a stupid question but do you have the kernel sources in /usr/src/linux ? They are needed to compile the cloop module.

donnek
02-24-2004, 04:18 PM
Yes, I installed those - as I said, I ran make cloneconfig and make dep with no problems. But the conf.vars file seems to be the problem - I don't know where it comes from or what its supposed to do - I don't have one.