PDA

View Full Version : remastering: how to boot in screen=1280x1024 automaticaly



compuhelp
03-13-2004, 02:14 AM
Hi all,

by default, it seems that Knoppix boot in 1024x768
I want to make my personalized cd
(I already ssuccess to add new softwares, to remove someones and to make the new iso file)
and want that my knoppix boot in 1280x1024 resolution by default (and still have the possibility to boot in other resolution in typping "screen=....")

An other great boot stuff will be to just press the f3 key to boot with the parameter: home=/dev/sda4
to boot with my home on my usb key

because it's very fastidious to type every time I boot under Knoppix:
knoppix screen=1280x1024 home=/dev/sda4
(I use knoppix at school, and I can boot under it about 5times per day :/)

TyphoonMentat
03-13-2004, 12:27 PM
Simple - get boot.img, mount it on a loopback device. Look in syslinux.cfg, and add the appropriate options to the append line.

compuhelp
03-13-2004, 12:47 PM
I see the "APPEND" line:

DEFAULT vmlinuz
APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
TIMEOUT 300

what I have to change to boot in 1280x1024 ?
add "screen=1280x1024" into the line
or change the "vga" parameter ?

TyphoonMentat
03-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Just add screen=1280x1024 - this doesn't require a complete remaster, as you could merely dd your custom boot.img to a floppy or something, come to think of it.