PDA

View Full Version : new directory in knoppix tree



Alexxx
04-26-2004, 09:51 AM
I did in the past things much harder than this, yet I'm unable to solve this simple problem.

I just need a symlink in root, pointing to my home on key:
/myhome -> /mnt/sda1/myhome

I made it in /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX, no problems.
When I chroot there I see it without any problem.

Then I make ISO and burn as per instructions, and in the final CD I cannot see it anymore.
There is some difficulty in Knoppix in modifying the main / tree ???

Yours confused,

Alessandro

arkaine23
04-28-2004, 11:38 PM
When you are chrooted, there is no problem linking to /mnt/whatever. But once you rebuild the CD and boot from it, /mnt is actually under /KNOPPIX, so your link would need to point to

/myhome -> /KNOPPIX/mnt/sda1/myhome

Alexxx
05-03-2004, 02:33 PM
god bless you,
it works at last!


Alexxx