PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing 3Com HPNA nic



scienceguy55
04-30-2004, 08:48 PM
I am new to linux and want to see if I can get my HPNA network running in Knoppix before I install a perminant distro. I download Linksys beta drivers that are supposed to work with my card (they are both PCI and use the same chipset). The installation instructions say to use gmake to install. But Knoppix doesn't have gmake! What should I do?

OErjan
04-30-2004, 09:02 PM
use make.
sadly it wont work anyway, as you canot install it to the cd, ok, there are ways but...

champagnemojo
05-02-2004, 01:44 AM
Use the iL_hybrid drivers and use make. Then insmod il.o. You may have to use the -f tag to force it to use it. Then type netcardconfig, and say yes to dhcp. It should work now.

You don't have to do a hard-drive install to use the HPNA with knoppix. But you need somewhere to save the il.o file so you can use it later, unless you want to compile it every time.

Knoppix works very well with HPNA.

scienceguy55
05-04-2004, 09:38 PM
Thanks much.