Wish to cache the 'install to live cd' downloaded programs.
Caching 'downloaded' apps to a local drive (ie.. usb drive, or local disk)
I think the ability to download apps such as fprot, flash, etc is really cool, but I do feel a bit guilty for repeated downloads.
For example, whenever I use a 'Damn Small Linux' it has a 'got the bandwitdh' in the internet menu.., and of course I got the bandwidth, but do the mozilla guys got the bandwidth for me to download 12 megs of stuff each time I feel like booting up a script installed firebird.
I wish that when I did use the 'download and run' programs like Fprot, firebird, etc. that I could run off of a cached copy.
Re: Wish to cache the 'install to live cd' downloaded progra
Quote:
Originally Posted by softwaretester
Caching 'downloaded' apps to a local drive (ie.. usb drive, or local disk)
I think the ability to download apps such as fprot, flash, etc is really cool, but I do feel a bit guilty for repeated downloads.
For example, whenever I use a 'Damn Small Linux' it has a 'got the bandwitdh' in the internet menu.., and of course I got the bandwidth, but do the mozilla guys got the bandwidth for me to download 12 megs of stuff each time I feel like booting up a script installed firebird.
I wish that when I did use the 'download and run' programs like Fprot, firebird, etc. that I could run off of a cached copy.
For the Live-Installer you can even just save your config or save the directory ~/.knx-live-inst for yourself.
The installer will look for cached files there ...
cu
Fabian