I may be a moron, but I can't figure out how to configure my kmail so I can access my hotmail account. I have another email account that I have successfully configured because I knew the smtp and pop3 servers. Any help?
Printable View
I may be a moron, but I can't figure out how to configure my kmail so I can access my hotmail account. I have another email account that I have successfully configured because I knew the smtp and pop3 servers. Any help?
I don't think you can access hotmail through your email program, I thought you had to access it through your web browser, in which case just set a bookmark to hotmail login & check all the automatic logon checks you can find.
as far as i know, outlook has a plugin to acess hotmail, both owned by Micro$oft. I think Tightarse Gates would have somthing to say about using something of his with something so wonderful as Gnu-Knoppix/Linux.
kwazy.co uk, are giving free pop3 accounts which kmail can download from, but no smtp, so you will have to use the Smail server on Knoppix to send anything.
Try this:
http://hotwayd.sourceforge.net/
I used it myself for a while.