I found out that I can operate my scanner using VueScan software. But my problem is figuring out how to install the hardware itself and the drivers. Where in KDE do I do this? How do I mount the device, in other words?
:?: :?
Printable View
I found out that I can operate my scanner using VueScan software. But my problem is figuring out how to install the hardware itself and the drivers. Where in KDE do I do this? How do I mount the device, in other words?
:?: :?
with the scanner on go to system>info center and click usb. See if your scanner is there. I am assuming this is a usb scanner (most scsi hp scanners are supported in sane).
You shouldn't need to edit fstab for a scanner. The vue scan software should find your scanner and set it up. Hope this helps.
Here is what I did to get my usb HP PSC2175 to work:Quote:
Originally Posted by nicorellius
apt-get install hpoj-0.91_i386.deb (google for it)
apt-get install sane-utils xsane libsnmp-base libsnmp5.
hpoj should setup up OK on its own but need to edit /etc/sane.d/dll.conf uncomment the very last item (hpoj) so sane can find the hpoj drivers.
I am using kooka as the scanner software.