wireless problem: can't find access point
I'm new to wireless networking and some of the other posts have helped. I'm at the point where I can get my Gigabyte wireless card to show up with iwconfig with what I think are the correct parameters and I see it listed as "up" in ifconfig. However, "iwlist ath0 scanning" doesn't show any access points (the machine is inches from the router, a Gigabyte router). Also, "pump -i ath0" fails. Using a wired connection and eth0 on the same card/router pair works just fine. Any ideas?
Re: wireless problem: can't find access point
Quote:
Originally Posted by charshep
I'm new to wireless networking and some of the other posts have helped. I'm at the point where I can get my Gigabyte wireless card to show up with iwconfig with what I think are the correct parameters and I see it listed as "up" in ifconfig. However, "iwlist ath0 scanning" doesn't show any access points (the machine is inches from the router, a Gigabyte router). Also, "pump -i ath0" fails. Using a wired connection and eth0 on the same card/router pair works just fine. Any ideas?
Check out this thread and see if your problems are solved.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14206
Also make sure that you have set the essid,channel etc those parameters correctly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software,Free Speech,Free Society
http://bhavesh.freeshell.org