I need to go linux from window
I have a small network of windows, mostly used for internet-surfing (my lan share internet through ICS of gateway winxp machine). All clients have web-browser/yahoo- msn instant messenger/ ms word/excell etc and acrobat reader. I want to install linux in my client computers with above functionality i.e. web-browsing/ some office package/ chat clients/ acrobat reader etc.
I am still reading and reading to know if Knoppix is choice for me and if I can start linux from cd and can use my harddisk to install the above applications with a proper conf file!
Re: I need to go linux from window
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscos
I have a small network of windows, mostly used for internet-surfing (my lan share internet through ICS of gateway winxp machine). All clients have web-browser/yahoo-
Konqueror, Mozilla, Opera, Dillo, etc.
Quote:
msn instant messenger/
Gaim (there may be more Instant messenger clients- I don't use em.)
Quote:
ms word/excell etc
Open Office, Abiword, Kedit.
Quote:
and acrobat reader.
Acrobat reader, xpdf
Quote:
I want to install linux in my client computers with above functionality i.e. web-browsing/ some office package/ chat clients/ acrobat reader etc.
Easy enough to install and Knoppix has all that you want.
Quote:
I am still reading and reading to know if Knoppix is choice for me and if I can start linux from cd and can use my harddisk to install the above applications with a proper conf file!
If you install Knoppix you will install all of the packages I have listed above. I'm not sure what you're asking when you say "proper conf file".