Save hardware settings to a file for use with other distros?
I've used many different Linux distros and i think that Knoppix has the best hardware detection and configuration hands down. I've tried the knx-hdinstall several times, but have never been satisifed with the results (i like to run a very stripped down Linux). Plus, I'd like to try some of the more exotic Linux distros but i hate all the guesswork involved with the hardware.
My question is, is there any way (like a script) to save all of the hardware settings in a report for future reference? I'd be satisfied with just some hints of what files to save.
Thanks!
Re: Save hardware settings to a file for use with other dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokzeus
I've used many different Linux distros and i think that Knoppix has the best hardware detection and configuration hands down. I've tried the knx-hdinstall several times, but have never been satisifed with the results (i like to run a very stripped down Linux). Plus, I'd like to try some of the more exotic Linux distros but i hate all the guesswork involved with the hardware.
My question is, is there any way (like a script) to save all of the hardware settings in a report for future reference? I'd be satisfied with just some hints of what files to save.
Thanks!
lsmod gives you a list of loaded modules(mostly hardware drivers). That is all you need to repeat on any other distro.