I've knoppix-installed all my PCs as Debian (20031119) and everything runs great! One question: my users still get an fdd icon on the desktop as with regular KNOPPIX, but they can't get it to work. What can I do?
TIA,
AJG
Printable View
I've knoppix-installed all my PCs as Debian (20031119) and everything runs great! One question: my users still get an fdd icon on the desktop as with regular KNOPPIX, but they can't get it to work. What can I do?
TIA,
AJG
It's problably because the default icon on the desktop is just a link to /floppy (or, at least it was last time I checked), which means the drive isn't being mounted.Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Well, is there anyway for my users to access the floppy, as in KNOPPIX /mnt/floppy or /mnt/auto/floppy, without my having to go in there with root access every single time they need a floppy???
TIA,
AJG
Delete the icon on the desktop as normal user and then recreate it pointing to the correct device (/floppy) and they should have access to it. And make sure they are all members of the floppy group.Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia