anyone familiar with MAC?
I have an older powermac, and it has a 4 gig IDE HD. My current system also uses IDE.I only gave $20 for the mac, and I am curious.
Can I reformat that Mac drive, and install KNOPPIX to it, and have it work on my Windows PC? (yes, I'd take my HP's HD out, take the performa's HD out, and swap them.....reformatting the mac HD is the issue....will it work?)
Thanks in advance 8)
Re: anyone familiar with MAC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtrackmind
I have an older powermac, and it has a 4 gig IDE HD. My current system also uses IDE.I only gave $20 for the mac, and I am curious.
Can I reformat that Mac drive, and install KNOPPIX to it, and have it work on my Windows PC? (yes, I'd take my HP's HD out, take the performa's HD out, and swap them.....reformatting the mac HD is the issue....will it work?)
Thanks in advance 8)
Knoppix is not going to install on that it is for a x86 family of processors Mac's use different ones. Depending on the processor involved I believe that you still need the Mac OS installed to be able to boot the Linux install. I would say Google is your friend here with the keywords mac install linux.