upgraded to 2.6.2....now no sound or network
Well since I'm an idiot, I recompiled my kernel with 2.6.2 and everything works fine...except it can't detect my sound card or NIC. I compiled with OSS and ALSA support for EMU10k1 and I have a Soundblaster Live! but it still doesn't see it. I also compiled in support for NE2000/1000 cards because my SMC EZCard 1211 was supposed to be compatible with these generic drivers (no linux drivers available). So I'm completely confused as to why it doesn't work. Anyways, it worked with the Live CD and with the HDD install before upgrading the kernel, so I was wondering if there's a .config anywhere that is the default that Knoppix was compiled with so I could use that (if that would work) or if there's any other fixes available.
Re: upgraded to 2.6.2....now no sound or network
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldmanschild
Well since I'm an idiot, I recompiled my kernel with 2.6.2 and everything works fine...except it can't detect my sound card or NIC. I compiled with OSS and ALSA support for EMU10k1 and I have a Soundblaster Live! but it still doesn't see it. I also compiled in support for NE2000/1000 cards because my SMC EZCard 1211 was supposed to be compatible with these generic drivers (no linux drivers available). So I'm completely confused as to why it doesn't work. Anyways, it worked with the Live CD and with the HDD install before upgrading the kernel, so I was wondering if there's a .config anywhere that is the default that Knoppix was compiled with so I could use that (if that would work) or if there's any other fixes available.
I have a SB Live that worked fine with 2.6.2 you can look at my config here and check for any differences in the sound section. For the network card is the module loaded, the same for sound modules as well. The configuration for any kernel installed in Debian with the kernel package program is in the /boot/config-?.?.??-??, the ? are the output of uname -r for the old kernel it is easy enough to figure out if you look into the directory if you do not want to reboot back to it.