Re: My persistent home isn't persisting
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.drake
I set up /hdb5/ as the location for my persistent home, and I'm saving my configuration there also. I even used Klik to download firefox to that locaton. Before shutting down, I saved configuration there. On reboot, used "knoppix26 myconfig=scan home=scan", but my home files were gone, including firebird and all traces of Klik.
Just to be clear, if you use mkpersistenthome it does not copy your current home in the newly created persistent home. Before you use the newly created persistent home you must reboot with the home=scan (or home=/dev/hdb5). Until you reboot your home dir is still the ramdisk, post reboot you can go and use klik etc and expect your changes to stay.
Someone else mentioned problems with haveing conf and home on the same partition, this is not a problem if you are using loopback files on the partitions, but if you are using the entire partition I'm not sure what will happen and perhaps that could lead to problems.
Re: My persistent home isn't persisting
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfree
Before you use the newly created persistent home you must reboot with the home=scan (or home=/dev/hdb5).
OK, maybe that explains it. I created it, then downloaded, then rebooted with flags, expecting the stuff to be there. If I'm understanding correctly, I need to create, then reboot with flags, then save to home directory (/knoppix/home/, not /mnt/hdb5/). I'll try that. Thanks.
JD