I use VMWARE, allows you to run two OS at the same time. . . with net, and devices enabled. You can download a trial from their website: vmware.com
I use linux (Knoppix 3.4) as my host and Windows XP (2600) as my guest.
Jeremy Meindl
Printable View
I use VMWARE, allows you to run two OS at the same time. . . with net, and devices enabled. You can download a trial from their website: vmware.com
I use linux (Knoppix 3.4) as my host and Windows XP (2600) as my guest.
Jeremy Meindl
No VMWare is not the fastest. Win4lin far exceeds VMWare in speed (Though VMWare is much faster than Bochs which is HORRIBLY slow). Of course the major limitation for Win4lin is that you can only run Win 98. Supposedly the Netraverse guys will be releasing a version of win4lin that will run Win2000 later this year. If you do decide to use Win4lin, then you might want to use the latest beta of Mepis which has support for win4lin built in. Otherwise you will need to recompile your kernel and since you said that you are new to Linux, you might not be ready for this yet.Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKun
On the other hand I have tried the new Crossover Office from Codeweavers and it works very well on a stock Knoppix install. If your primary need is for IE, then you might want to give that a try. IE runs fine under Crossover. You can go to the codeweavers site and download a 30 day trial version of Crossover Office.
Never tried win4lin so I wouldnt know.
Thanks everyone...As you say, I am to newbie for all that....but a guy told me about OPERA.
He convinced me to give it a try! Well...to my surprise it turned out to be working very well with most applications screens!.
What you have to do is to choose "identify as Internet Explorer" and thats all.
Once again...thanks for your help.
Well, to myQuote:
Originally Posted by aay
Ah. But you can do much the same with Konqueror: worth a try.Quote:
What you have to do is to choose "identify as Internet Explorer" and thats all.
Launch Konqueror > Settings > Configure Konqueror.
If you like to tinker you could try QemuQuote:
Originally Posted by fabiand
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/
Kurumin - the Brazilian knoppix remaster has it (OsNews review)
http://www.osnews.com/comment.php?news_id=7192
Kurumin homepage
http://www.guiadohardware.net/kurumin/
Screenshot - W2K running on Kurumin using Qemu
http://www.guiadohardware.net/kurumi...in-3.0qemu.png
There seems to be a few gui frontends for Qemu (in development). Morphix guy alextreme is working on one too :-
http://am.xs4all.nl/drupal/?q=qemuworkstation
It will probably take a considerable amount of effort to get it all to work smoothly but at least its free 8)
Good luck
rob
It does much of it, if it werent for some graphical boxes...I just cant fill the gaps....I dont see them...the only button available is "send".....
Thanks anyway...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers99
Quemu does exactly what you want, but it is not the fastest (at least on my Duron 800 the Windows 98 install tool about 2.5 hours to complete). But it runs ok. And they are working on Mac OS X too :)