-
You may be on the right track -- maybe there is a problem with the cable or with the scanner itself.
I unplugged and unattached the scanner prior to boot. Then, after starting Knoppix I plugged the scanner in -- there was no resulting beep or noise of any kind. :cry: Then I ran insmod, but still received the same responses from usbview, scanadf, and even with lsusb.
I'm running Knoppix 3.4, which as far as I know is the latest version.
I'm starting to suspect that you may be right about it being a hardware problem, rather than a Knoppix problem....
-
Does XP see the scanner from the control panel - system- devices? Even if it isn't sipported it should show up on the bus.
And check your BIOS settings to see if there are USB settings that might be affecting things.
Try booting knoppix with some cheatcodes noapci etc. see if something's getting in the way.
If your version supports it try booting with the 2.4 kernel, at he boot prompt type knoppix24...
Finally, take the thing to a different pc and see if it works.