VeeDubb,
On your card reader, are you booting up with cards installed?
rock
Printable View
VeeDubb,
On your card reader, are you booting up with cards installed?
rock
YesQuote:
Originally Posted by RockMumbles
What does
cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
tell you?
T: Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#= 1 Spd=12 MxCh= 4
B: Alloc= 22/900 us ( 2%), #Int= 2, #Iso= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0000 ProdID=0000 Rev= 0.00
S: Product=USB OHCI Root Hub
S: SerialNumber=d2861000
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=40 MxPwr= 0mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 2 Ivl=255ms
T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 2 Spd=12 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 1.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=04a9 ProdID=1056 Rev= 1.00
S: Manufacturer=Canon
S: Product=BJC-2100
S: SerialNumber=F.C6h0
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=40 MxPwr= 2mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=07(print) Sub=01 Prot=02 Driver=usblp
E: Ad=01(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=82(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=02 Dev#= 3 Spd=12 MxCh= 4
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=0451 ProdID=1446 Rev= 1.10
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=e0 MxPwr=100mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=09(hub ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=hub
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 1 Ivl=255ms
T: Bus=01 Lev=02 Prnt=03 Port=03 Cnt=01 Dev#= 5 Spd=12 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 1.00 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=04a9 ProdID=2207 Rev= 1.00
S: Manufacturer=Canon
S: Product=CanoScan
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=500mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 3 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=00 Prot=ff Driver=usbscanner
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 1 Ivl=16ms
E: Ad=82(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=03(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=02 Cnt=03 Dev#= 4 Spd=12 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=16 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=05dc ProdID=1017 Rev= 1.00
S: Manufacturer=Generic
S: Product=USB Storage Device
S: SerialNumber=0AEC305000001A004
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=100mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=08(stor.) Sub=06 Prot=50 Driver=usb-storage
E: Ad=01(O) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
E: Ad=82(I) Atr=02(Bulk) MxPS= 64 Ivl=0ms
This was with two cards. One in each of the two slots I realy care about. As before, most of this may as well be greek.
Okay, it looks like I will be able to install SynCE with apt-get next week after I get my new modem, so all I need now is that card reader to work. Just that one simple thing.......
I've gone well beyond my knowledge and you guys have gotten me through eerything else, just tell me what you need for that last...
This is probably moot at this point, but I just noticed this line, and I should point out that a PocketPC has NOTHING to do with a Tablet PC. Tablet PC's run a special version of WindowsXP and if it weren't for the mountains of proprietay hardware could probably run linux. A PocketPC runs on a different proccesser and WindowsCE (the same thing smartphones are based one) With the PPC UI on the top the same way KDE sits on top of the Xwindow.Quote:
Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
OK VeeDubb - how are you trying to mount them? That is to say what are you entering on the command line?Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubb
At first I made a folder on my desktop and inside that, created what I guess you Linux guys call simlinks. I right clicked then selected new/harddrive and tried to mount using that, (I also tried makinga one f those for a floppy that pointed to the same place and a CD pointing to the same place. NO dice.
When that didn't work, I made them directly on the desktop.
When that didn't work I tried mounting fromt the command line. reguardless of how I try to mount it's allways the same error. "/dev/sdwhatever is not a valid block device"
IO think what I entered was mnt /dev/sdwhatever But I don't remember for sure. I looked up what the appropriate code was and used that. I'm certain it's something else.
Become root:
su
<give password>
mount -t auto /dev/sda1 /mnt/?
I don't know what mount points you have. You can make one like this:
su
<password>
cd /mnt
mkdir card
Then it would be
mount -t auto /dev/sda1 /mnt/card