-
HI OErjan - yes have tried the alternatives m- maybe I should just reinstall Knoppix to the HDD and see if it cures the issue. If I just use the cd version and type knoppix-installer, will it install ver the old one - or do I need to do something different?
Cheers, FC
-
Hi again,
I have re-installed over the original version.
I am still having problems. Here's what I've done:
I checked with dmesg | grep CD to see what the cdrom is called - it's hdc
I edited /etc/fstab so that the appropriate line reads: /dev/hdc /mnt/cd iso9660 defaults,ro,users,noexec, 0 0
I have created a folder in /mnt called /cd
I changed the properties of the icon on the desk top so it points to '/mnt/cd'
Now when I click on the icon on the desktop it opens a nice folder in '/mnt/cd' but there's nothing in it....??
Should I be doing something to the '/mnt/cd' folder to indicate it should be connected to the cd drive?
I have tried making a link to a device in the /mnt/cd folder, and when I click on this link the computer tries to mount the device, but comes up with the
>>could not mount device
the reported error was:
mount: wrong fs type bad option bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
missing codepage or other error<<
error message.
Is WinXP doing something horrible to my cd's so that they only run on a Windoze machine?
Help!
FC
-
hmm CD's burnt in XP should work fine in linux, Win uses Joliet, Linux can even make such cd's.
have you tried a bought cd? like one from a computer magazine or such?