the script itself should actually not be in the menu, it should rather be hidden and automatically run when network config changes.
Printable View
the script itself should actually not be in the menu, it should rather be hidden and automatically run when network config changes.
I have tried using both auto scripts for Lisa Deamon, i have tried smb and lan, and i have succesfully pinged every computer on my network. But everytime I try to connect to one of them i get this
Internal Error
Please send a full bug report at http://bugs.kde.org
Unknown error condition in stat: Network is unreachable
I go back to knosole to check the status of Lisa and get this
NetManager::prepare:bind (TCP) failed, errno: 98
Any help would be great
Running Knoppix 3.4 installed to hard drive - Internet Browsing works fine, from console typing in lisa returns the same error message as the previous post
NetManager::prepare:bind (TCP) failed, errno: 98
Tried (I Think !!!!) to run the scripts as mentioned earlier and it just times out
Any help would be most welcome !
Just to update:
Full power down of system - rebooted into KDE typed in lisa in console reported that it was working on some or other port (didn't make a note - too surprised that it was actually working !)
Tried Lineighbourhood - which did appear this time, only thing listed was "Knoppix", tried to browse the entire network (left username password as default) - no other PC's showing up (network is OK have two windows machines running which have no problem seeing shares on either)
Went back to console typed in lisa and got......
NetManager::prepare:bind (TCP) failed, errno: 98
Dear friend,
I had spend most of my time to browse window$ based network without success. If you have hd installation simply as root (in console) :
apt-get install komba2
Just when you adjust this samba client don't forget to specify your address range of your network e.x. 192.168.0.1 - 254
Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis
I just tried this today. This script works great. Wish it was included in Knoppix by default with an option to enable/disable it at start :)
Vijay