Don't worry about it, I'm down with a fever -> nothing to do :D
Printable View
Don't worry about it, I'm down with a fever -> nothing to do :D
Markus, I need some help here...
I was able to download the source/binary from the creators of "rocks-n-diamonds" - and I now have the "binary" program, and its source, and all of its support files, etc...
Problem, the only way I can run the game is from a konsole shell, and I have to be in the "folder" it is in, and I have to run it with the [dot][slash] in front of it...
i.e. prompt: ./rocksndiamonds
How can I run a bianry program within a menu entry, or create a icon for it, when I have to be in the same directory as the program, and I have to preceed the program name with the dot-slash ????
Any ideas? I hate having to run it from the konsole, I like to have it where it can be run easier, like adding it into the games menu, kinda thing....
Thanks in advance,
Cuddles
a regular searchpath should work. that is:
/home/mydir/rocks-n-diamonds/rocksndiamonds
that should start the game. make a symlink in /usr/bin to the binary, now you just have to type the name. or make a desktop starter, or add it in te menu...
Hmm, sorry for not answering before though you asked me but I think that OErjan said it all.
As he said make a symlink in /usr/bin and run it with rocksndiamonds in the command part of a shortcut.