Originally Posted by j.drake
Interesting development . . . .
Because my thumbdrive was full and I was having problems clearing it (I think now that I had forgotten to uncheck the read-only box - doh!!), I decided to revisit the issue of saving the configuration to the same partition as my persistent home. So, I saved the configuration to /mnt/hdb5, the same as my PH, logged out, logged into Windows, cleared my thumbdrive, and rebooted Knoppix. So, I entered the bootcode 'knoppix26 home=/dev/hdb5 myconfig=/dev/hdb5'. It found the PH, but hung on the config, so I figured that SunnyB must be right about needing to be a different location. So, then I typed the bootcode 'knoppix26 home=/dev/hdb5', leaving out the myconfig argument entirely, and I figured I would simply copy the configs.tbz file back to the thumbdrive, and reboot once I have the configuration file relocated. Well I couldn't copy the file back to the thumbdrive (because I forgot to uncheck read only), and then I noticed that my configuration was already loaded, even though I hadn't asked in the boot code.
So, it appears to me that if you set up a partition as a PH, and save your configuration to it, it looks as if you don't even have to bother with the myconfig bootflag - it's grabbed automatically when the PH is enabled. Cuts my typing in half!!
Just curious to see if it works for anyone else - this may be a cool one to add to the tips and tricks.