Yeah that iso is cool, but it's not quite the thing.
First off, that isolinux.cfg remaster tip is the fastest tuorial I've seen. Very nice.
But I just want to give me two cents on that iso. I recognize these guys from the "quick boot" version of a few years ago and I used their stuff to play with virtualization. Totally appreciate the work and made a half dozen copies and played with it. Not surprisingly, I found that it was a little bit different than what I'd expect from the official CD.
First off --no Midnight Commander. I don't know what it is with Asian remasters, but they always dump MC. I use a variety of Taiwanese remasters and they never include MC which makes them painful to use for me. Next, of course they have their own grub setup to inclue all the virtualization options. That's cool and it's less of an issue with that short and sweet isolinux.cfg remaster tip since you can set the default to be whatever you want but I'd still prefer to have the official Knoppix grub screens along with the freeDOS boot which I found useful for dealing with troublesome FAT partitions. Also, I found that something weird was going on with the samba. I have to type in IPs to get samba connects. Again, I think that has something to do with the virtualization stuff on that particular iso.
So yeah it's cool. Nice little preview I suppose but not quite the same as a new official Knoppix CD release. It was nice to see that basically not much has changed. I'm wondering if mencoder makes it into the final CD release. I see the ffmpeg is on that Japanese iso and I guess that's what K3B is using for a DVD ripper. Mencoder and transcode would be nice though.