2 Attachment(s)
wvdial script with knoppix & easy setup for Indian datacards - one trouble though
What is wrong with the script wv-connect.sh (originally compiled from various sources and posted in knoppix forum http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=74246 ) that the modem is reinitialised after an incremental time period every time the system fails to connect to the internet?
Otherwise, the script is excellent to connect to the internet when the software provided by the service provider is only capable of operation in Windows.
The outputs are:
--> Auto Reconnect will be attempted in 5 seconds
--> Auto Reconnect will be attempted in 10 seconds
--> Auto Reconnect will be attempted in 20 seconds
............
and so on.
The script and the output files are attached.
Attachment 173
Attachment 174
Regards
1 Attachment(s)
The BSNL data card outputs
yes, it works excellently. It is a 3G modem, but since my SIM card is 2G I can use the card in 2G speeds only. reports itself as HSPAdatacard.
The lsusb code in detailed mode produces the attached output.
Attachment 175
Regards
My issue is different - it's regarding the script
My setup doesn't hang up frequently, works just fine!
I just wanted to learn where exactly in the code is the incremental time period is incorporated?
Recall:
--> Auto Reconnect will be attempted in 5 seconds
--> Auto Reconnect will be attempted in 10 seconds
--> Auto Reconnect will be attempted in 20 seconds
...........
and so on, i.e., a sequence of ar^n, where a=5, r=2, n=0,1,2,...,n
My question was how this happens, where in the script is this formulation given? Or is it with the wvdial code itself!
Let us please not waste time using redundant cycles of communication
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Capricorny
... a conf file for wvdial is generated from user provided parameters and defaults, and wvdial is then called with that configuration.
You had to go through the script wv-connect.sh. Please read the file carefully and then post. We have to understand that since our timezones are different, the redundant cycles of exchanges waste our time.
See particularly, the area EOT... and tmp file creation...
I can't read source codes
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Capricorny
I told you, it is not in that script. OK?
Got it.
I can't read source codes, ... well, not very well.... Okay, will check and get back. I have posted an email to the Debian forum.
I have checked the aptitude information for wvdial and found an email-Id for the creator of wvdial, which is wvdial\[email protected], but it bounced back. How do you interpret that email-Id.? I also posted to [email protected].
Let's see what transpires from our endeavours.
Regards