-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
rajibando
My setup doesn't hang up frequently, works just fine!
I just wanted to learn where exactly in the code is the incremental time period is incorporated?
.....
My question was how this happens, where in the script is this formulation given? Or is it with the wvdial code itself!
Oh, I didn't understand that. Sorry!
It has to be in the wvdial code, which can be inspected by installing Debian source packages, or similar downloads, like this one:
http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownl...oad-10580.html
What happens in the script, is that a conf file for wvdial is generated from user provided parameters and defaults, and wvdial is then called with that configuration.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Let us please not waste time using redundant cycles of communication

Originally Posted by
Capricorny
... a conf file for wvdial is generated from user provided parameters and defaults, and wvdial is then called with that configuration.
You had to go through the script wv-connect.sh. Please read the file carefully and then post. We have to understand that since our timezones are different, the redundant cycles of exchanges waste our time.
See particularly, the area EOT... and tmp file creation...
Last edited by rajibando; 02-24-2013 at 10:43 AM.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
rajibando
You had to go through the script wv-connect.sh. Please read the file carefully and then post. We have to understand that since our timezones are different, the redundant cycles of exchanges waste our time.
See particularly, the area EOT... and tmp file creation...
I told you, it is not in that script. OK?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I can't read source codes

Originally Posted by
Capricorny
I told you, it is not in that script. OK?
Got it.
I can't read source codes, ... well, not very well.... Okay, will check and get back. I have posted an email to the Debian forum.
I have checked the aptitude information for wvdial and found an email-Id for the creator of wvdial, which is wvdial\[email protected], but it bounced back. How do you interpret that email-Id.? I also posted to [email protected].
Let's see what transpires from our endeavours.
Regards
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00