Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Can't enable mcelog?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Did you use Ubuntu 64bit (AMD64) 10.04RC? I saw /dev/mcelog and executed the command mcelog. There was a message that mcelog could be installed with
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install mcelog
    but you have to enable the component called "universe" first. Somewhere I read that mcelog does not work with 32 bit Linux because of incompatibility with old cpu types.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    An Ant Farm
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    Did you use Ubuntu 64bit (AMD64) 10.04RC? I saw /dev/mcelog and executed the command mcelog. There was a message that mcelog could be installed with
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install mcelog
    but you have to enable the component called "universe" first. Somewhere I read that mcelog does not work with 32 bit Linux because of incompatibility with old cpu types.
    Ah, thanks. I needed universe. I don't remember if Ubuntu liveCD was 64-bit or not. It was v9.10 stable for sure. So, is this 64-bit requirement for 64-bit hardware only or does kernel have to be 64-bit too? On my old Debian box, I use i686 (32-bit?) kernel and can use mcelog.

    I wonder why KNOPPIX doesn't work? 32-bit?

Similar Threads

  1. How to enable Japanese - v5.1.1
    By SkylineGTR in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 07:27 AM
  2. how do I enable ssh on kx 3.8.1
    By cli168 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 08:03 PM
  3. Cannot enable modem
    By riscbroker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 08:25 PM
  4. enable nfs on lan
    By phaedral in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 01:29 AM
  5. how to enable DVI?
    By jobah in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 10:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD picture

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD

$100.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73



External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A picture

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A

$100.00