Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: In Knoppix DVD 6.2.1 Gnome missing shutdown button.

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10

    In Knoppix DVD 6.2.1 Gnome missing shutdown button.

    Hello.
    I started knoppix 6.2.1 with
    desktop=gnome
    but I don't have shutdown option.
    I tryed to:
    reconfigure gdm as windowmanager
    install gnome,
    changed default
    update-alternatives --config x-session-manager to gnome,
    update-alternatives --config x-window-manager to metacity,
    It seems that "gdm is not working"
    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Marge View Post
    Hello.
    I started knoppix 6.2.1 with
    desktop=gnome
    but I don't have shutdown option.
    I tryed to:
    reconfigure gdm as windowmanager
    install gnome,
    changed default
    update-alternatives --config x-session-manager to gnome,
    update-alternatives --config x-window-manager to metacity,
    It seems that "gdm is not working"
    Any suggestions?
    Have you done a check of the CD/DVD with the built-in verifier? A bad burn or download can cause weird things. Try re-burning at a slower speed or use re-writable media (more reliable) if the check doesn't come up good, or do a md5sum on the .iso image and re-download if it isn't right.

    Hope that helps!
    Krishna

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10
    DVD is ok. I had to make 2 buttons one fot shutdown one for restart, using shutdown -r now.

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Marge View Post
    DVD is ok. I had to make 2 buttons one fot shutdown one for restart, using shutdown -r now.
    Okay, glad to hear you got it fixed up satisfactorily. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I'll check and see what it does when I boot to Gnome, too.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5  2x6248R  24 core 3.0G   24x64g DDR4-2933 ram picture

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram

$112000.00



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08