Hi
I need to check my Debian installation with tools like chkrootkit, but I can not mount encrypted partitions because there is no cryptsetup. Is there any other tool or some workaround? I use knoppix 6.2.1 on DVD.
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov
Hi
I want to check my debian installation with chkrootkit and other tools, but I found that I can not mount my encrypted partitions because cryptsetup is not present...
Is there some new tool to handle encrypted partitions or is there any workaround for my problem?
Hi
I need to check my Debian installation with tools like chkrootkit, but I can not mount encrypted partitions because there is no cryptsetup. Is there any other tool or some workaround? I use knoppix 6.2.1 on DVD.
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov
I wonder why you want to use knoppix as a support tool for debian. Is there not a support/rescue cd from debian ?
Sergey
Use main menu/Preferences/Synaptic and get your own Cryptsetup 2.1
You already have ckrootkit.
Thanks, now I get same problem as with debian squeeze live cd. I installed cryptsetup and managed to create mapping for encrypted partition. But now I can not see and mount lvm partitions.
What I did:
# cryptsetup create crypt-md1 /dev/md1
# pvdisplay /dev/mapper/crypt-md1
No physical volume label read from /dev/mapper/md1-crypt
Failed to read physical volume "dev/mapper/md1-crypt"
Same problem with debian live dvd. Will ask in debian-user also.
--
Best regards, Sergey Spirdidonov
If PCManFM is your viewer,
you may want to look at your files some other way,
to see if the LXDE FM is part of the problem

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1785.15
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.60
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
NEW SGIN 18.5" Laptop Intel Core i3-10100Y 16GB RAM 1TB SSD RJ45 USB-C Win11
$402.99
128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$117.45