Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How do I start KDE in chroot

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6

    How do I start KDE in chroot

    I am remastering knoppix CD and would like to know how can we stat KDE in chroot as I need to alter the menus and need to add customized menus. Or is there any way by which menus can be altered from command line or by editing file or so?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by bastionNUX View Post
    I am remastering knoppix CD and would like to know how can we stat KDE in chroot as I need to alter the menus and need to add customized menus. Or is there any way by which menus can be altered from command line or by editing file or so?
    Maybe you want to try a different method of remaster ?
    A chroot environment is never as closed to the exact environment you want it to be.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads/28447-Re-master-your-flash-installation

    The idea here is to use your own tested-and-proven life customization (using knoppix persistent store ) as the remaster environment. I only take the remaster process upto remaster the compressed image. But if you understand how knoppix files are organized, you know it's only one or two steps away from a complete bootable ISO image.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6
    <span style="background-color: #99FF99;">Ok - or let me rephrase it. I need to add my own menus in the CD, I have tried a lot but couldn't succeed so wanted to know if there is any other way by which I can insert or edit the KDE menus.</span>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit picture

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit

$399.00



AC Adapter For Aiper Scuba SE Cordless Robotic Above Ground Pool Vacuum Cleaner picture

AC Adapter For Aiper Scuba SE Cordless Robotic Above Ground Pool Vacuum Cleaner

$20.99



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower picture

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower

$16.99



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$107.67