-
Senior Member
registered user
@ Klaus
Yes, the dual cpu problem still exists with the current state of my VirtualBox.
The dual cpu problem is not THE show stopper for me, but not having USB access is
just too inconvenient. It looks like a lot of folks with my sort of set-up have
a problem. That is, Win7, 64-bit and dual cpus. Werner uses a Debian host, but
the only big supply of Gb's I have is on Win7. Here's a ref on this:
http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/5343
My VirtualBox seemed to be handling things like synaptic very well, and began to look
like a good avenue for me toward re-mastering. But somewhere in trying to get USB working, my VB has gotten damaged, I think, and even re-installs are not solving this problem.
I do have to wonder: if the hardware emulation in VirtualBox is poor, can we be
comfortable with the products it helps us produce, say by remastering? Might
it not inflict some distortion or artifacts into the process?
@ Werner
Thanks again for your help.
I am embarrassed at having co-opted your re-mastering thread for this VB diversion.
It may be a useful demo that one needs his VB house to be in good order BEFORE tackling
re-mastering with it.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
utu
It looks like a lot of folks with my sort of set-up have
a problem. That is, Win7, 64-bit and dual cpus. Werner uses a Debian host, but
the only big supply of Gb's I have is on Win7.
...And I still don't understand why you won't try with a poor man's install on all that NTFS real estate. Plus a volume for remastering workspace. I'm running off NTFS writing this, and I just created an extra volume yesterday, to shrink my persistent storage.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller
$499.99