Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: How to make a custom ISO of Knoppix 6.7

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dhaka,Bangladesh.
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    No, I never tried Debian Remastersys and I can not say, if it will do the job. But you told us, you have experience with Ubuntu Remastersys; therefore you will be able to solve all troubles which may occur with Debian Remastersys.

    With my scripts you need

    1. a Knoppix HD Installation (you allready have)
    2. a decompresses filesystem image at '/opt/knx/remaster' (will be done by the scripts)
    3. all the bootloader stuff at '/opt/knx/' (will be done by the scripts)
    4. repeat installation and purge of all programs and tools within the chroot jail, as you did within your HD Installation (it's your job)
    5. build the new ISO (will be done by the scripts)
    When I was trying your script in the first step "kn-prepare" it is asking for knoppix CD, now what will I do?

  2. #12
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ... it's all explained step by step on my page "summary.html". In case of error please tell me detailed, what didn't work.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dhaka,Bangladesh.
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    ... it's all explained step by step on my page "summary.html". In case of error please tell me detailed, what didn't work.
    Here is the result of the " kn-prepare" command. I am trying to make my installed knoppix 6.7 with some extra packages from HDD. I am not using virtual box, and I have not put any cd in the ROM as well.

    mount: /dev/sr0: unknown device
    If CD can't be mounted
    please mount it within pcmanfm-filemanager

  4. #14
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ... in this case the script cann't go on. You need the Knoppix CD inserted. From the CD all bootloader stuff is written to '/opt/knx/boot' and the decompressed filesystem image to '/opt/knx/remaster'.

    I did a hint at "summary.html". Perhaps you can wait till evening. I'm working on new version of my script; with this version you can easily rsync all of your HD Installation with '/opt/knx/remaster' and build a new ISO.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dhaka,Bangladesh.
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    ... in this case the script cann't go on. You need the Knoppix CD inserted. From the CD all bootloader stuff is written to '/opt/knx/boot' and the decompressed filesystem image to '/opt/knx/remaster'.

    I did a hint at "summary.html". Perhaps you can wait till evening. I'm working on new version of my script; with this version you can easily rsync all of your HD Installation with '/opt/knx/remaster' and build a new ISO.
    Ok thanks, one more thing, I have use your script and it works fine as you describe in your "summary.html" but when I try to use that iso the default keyboard layout change. When I press "z" it comes "y" and vice versa, "-" comes from "/" vice versa. Please look at this matter.

  6. #16
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Try at next boottime which language settings you need using for example the cheatcode
    Code:
    knoppix lang=de
    or
    knoppix lang=us
    If you use my graphical bootmenu then edit '/opt/knx/knoppix/boot/isolinux/knoppix.menu', otherwise edit '/opt/knx/knoppix/boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg'.

    Change within all "Append" lines the entry of 'lang=..' as you need. You can also insert in all this lines 'keyboard=..' and 'xkeyboard=..'. But I think only change of 'lang=..' will do the job. Create a new ISO and try it.

    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.7.0 remaster)

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dhaka,Bangladesh.
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    Try at next boottime which language settings you need using for example the cheatcode
    Code:
    knoppix lang=de
    or
    knoppix lang=us
    If you use my graphical bootmenu then edit '/opt/knx/knoppix/boot/isolinux/knoppix.menu', otherwise edit '/opt/knx/knoppix/boot/isolinux/isolinux.cfg'.

    Change within all "Append" lines the entry of 'lang=..' as you need. You can also insert in all this lines 'keyboard=..' and 'xkeyboard=..'. But I think only change of 'lang=..' will do the job. Create a new ISO and try it.

    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.7.0 remaster)
    Ok I will try when making a new ISO. Have you done to modify your script?
    One more thing can I use ISO mounting instead of CD or DVD to copy the bootloader and other stuff as I use in Ubuntu Customization Kit (UCK).

  8. #18
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    I'll do a notice in this forum, if I'm ready with the new version of my script.

    I don't know anything about UCK and how to use it.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dhaka,Bangladesh.
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    I'll do a notice in this forum, if I'm ready with the new version of my script.

    I don't know anything about UCK and how to use it.
    Ok, I just want to know that can you make your script to read the content from an image not from a disk, if you can it will be more helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver picture

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver

$299.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Dell PERC H755 3KDWX 8GB 12Gb SAS RAID Controller With Battery & Cables picture

Dell PERC H755 3KDWX 8GB 12Gb SAS RAID Controller With Battery & Cables

$949.99



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99