Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How can I change the keyboard layout?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy How can I change the keyboard layout?

    I cannot change the keyboard layout for another language even if I go to System settings. Could anyone advise me how to do it, if there is any other way? many thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by mjoln View Post
    I cannot change the keyboard layout for another language even if I go to System settings. Could anyone advise me how to do it, if there is any other way? many thanks.
    Use a cheatcode on bootup

    lang=uk (sets UK language and keyboard)

    or

    keyboard=us (sets keyboard for terminal use)
    xkeyboard=us (sets keyboard for xwindows use)

    Different Knoppix versions may prefer one of these options over another

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01