Tell us the output fromCode:df -h
Hello
I've installed last release of Knoppix on a USB key and it works fine, EXCEPT one thing :
Persistence is not working (and maybe not existing)
2 times, at the startup, I've seen some menus appearing on the screen for 5 seconds and dissapear and it seems I've seen about persistence setting (not sure..)
Anyway I'm now unable to find any menu or setting for persistence on usb key
Thanks for your help
Dom
Tell us the output fromCode:df -h
THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER OUTPUT IS
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs 20G 3.0G 17G 16% /
/dev/root 20G 3.0G 17G 16% /
tmpfs 2.0G 8.0K 2.0G 1% /tmp
udev 20M 4.0K 20M 1% /dev
tmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /dev/shm
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 03-15-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Hello Werner
at least I think I'e found what happened..
Ive created the usb key using linux usb creator..
Then, from the pc started with this key, I have launched the knoppix program wich allow to install on a flash disk.
I have inserted another usb key and at the end, the process ask you the size of persistence you want on your key.
I have to check now but I'm sure it works
Thanks again and if this can help another user...
Dominique
At present there is an error within the Wiki and you cannot read what I've changed at Hard drive installation. New version: ........
--------------------
In the meantime the problem with the Wiki has been solved; therefore I've deleted the remaining of my posting at this position.
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 03-30-2013 at 01:19 PM.
interesting! I'd like to install Knoppix on a netbook that has 2 small flashdisks on the mother: sda1 (4 Gb) and sdc1 (8 Gb). How is it possible to install the Knoppix (DVD version if possible) on sda1 (should be Fat32?) and an AES file on sdc1? everything was really easier with Knoppix 5... thanks if you have an idea...
Oops missing part: at least, how to install the OS (DVD version) on sdc1 and the AES data on sda1?
You can do a "HD install" (not "Flash disk Install to HD") to sdc1, mount '/home/' on '/dev/sda1' and encrypt '/home/knoppix/'.
With "Flash disk install" you can only use partitions on the same device.
Hard drive Installation
I'll try that, thanks!
hmm... I used the 'Knoppix HD install' in the 'KNOPPIX' menu, but never I was asked to create the encrypted persistent filehow can I do that? I was a Knoppix5 user, everything was automatic... I am lost this time! Something is missing in the Wiki for beginners with Knoppix7 ? PS I have a free sda1 (FAT32) while the OS is on sdb2, but why do I need to do mount /dev/sdb2 /media/sdb2 manualy after each reboot? PPS I don't find the help file of the HD installer.
Last edited by user89; 03-31-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00