Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Video problem with 7.2.0

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    The kernel header files are included in Knoppix 7.2.0.

    At NVIDIA's website you can find out that your graphics adapter is supported by the Linux driver 325.15. This driver is available in the experimental branch of the Debian distribution.

    I will describe how I managed to install the nVidia driver under Knoppix 7.2.0 (CD version on a USB stick with 4 GB persistent store).
    After boot up I established a connection to the internet and opened an LXTerminal. I issued the following commands in order to update the list of available packages and to download and install the nvidia-driver plus the configuration tools.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get -t experimental install nvidia-driver nvidia-settings nvidia-xconfig nvidia-kernel-dkms
    sudo reboot
    When the Knoppix boot screen showed up I quickly pressed the 'k' key and entered the following line at the boot prompt.
    Code:
    knoppix xmodule=nvidia 2
    Then I pressed the enter key. The system booted up into a shell where I issued
    Code:
    nvidia-xconfig
    init 5
    The usual desktop appeared and I used the nVidia tool in the settings section of the menu to examine the system.

    The next time I booted Knoppix 7.2 from that USB stick I did not have to use any cheat codes.

    I hope your system will work more stable and usable.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    Thanks very much for this Klaus, I will try a little later and let you know how it went...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus2008 View Post
    The kernel header files are included in Knoppix 7.2.0.

    At NVIDIA's website you can find out that your graphics adapter is supported by the Linux driver 325.15. This driver is available in the experimental branch of the Debian distribution.

    I will describe how I managed to install the nVidia driver under Knoppix 7.2.0 (CD version on a USB stick with 4 GB persistent store).
    After boot up I established a connection to the internet and opened an LXTerminal. I issued the following commands in order to update the list of available packages and to download and install the nvidia-driver plus the configuration tools.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get -t experimental install nvidia-driver nvidia-settings nvidia-xconfig nvidia-kernel-dkms
    sudo reboot
    When the Knoppix boot screen showed up I quickly pressed the 'k' key and entered the following line at the boot prompt.
    Code:
    knoppix xmodule=nvidia 2
    Then I pressed the enter key. The system booted up into a shell where I issued
    Code:
    nvidia-xconfig
    init 5
    The usual desktop appeared and I used the nVidia tool in the settings section of the menu to examine the system.

    The next time I booted Knoppix 7.2 from that USB stick I did not have to use any cheat codes.

    I hope your system will work more stable and usable.
    I copy/pasted the code to terminal, it proceeded as expected but before the machine rebooted I was prompted for a reply, result was the following;

    /snip
    After this operation, 78.5 MB of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
    Abort.
    knoppix@Microknoppix:~$

    I assume this is not the desired result so I'll wait for further instructions

    EDIT: I've just tried this again but just hit enter after the prompt (no Y) and it is now proceeding...
    Last edited by dataworx22; 10-16-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$149.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$381.93



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections

$63.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$95.99