Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Knoppix 7.3.0: comments, suggestions, tips & tricks

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by buymystock View Post
    Is it possible to buy a copy of Knoppix 7.3.0 anyplace?
    .
    Greetings, buymystock .

    The CeBIT version of Knoppix usually appears in March or so,
    and is usually a feature of Linux Magazin in Europe or Linux Magazine in
    the US. These magazines cost about $10 and usually contain a DVD version of Knoppix.

    Some of us wait a few months for the 'Community Edition' which often
    corrects a few problems of the CeBIT version, and is free for the download.

    I've not bought Knoppix this way, but you might check out the following:
    http://shop.linuxnewmedia.com/us/mag...-magazine.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #12
    To my knowledge, the only way to get an official copy of 7.3 is either with the March 2014 issue of Linux Magazine or by attending CBit. Best I can tell, the following link is to the page on Linux Magazine's website regarding the copy included with the magzine, but I have not been able to find any information on how to order a copy: http://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues...is-Month-s-DVD Though you would think someone with a copy would have made an iso and torrented it. The absence of public betas is one thing I miss from Ubuntu and vanilla Debian, but I am stuck with Knoppix since its Adriane variant appears to be the only well-known distro that is blind accessible out of the box.

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery Mewtamer View Post
    you would think someone with a copy would have made an iso and torrented it.
    .
    The CeBIT DVD is likely copyrighted and moreover likely contains additional material,
    beyond the Knoppix material,
    for which a DVD owner has no rights to distribute.

    I'm sure you mean well, Jeffery, but
    the suggestion for someone to torrent their copy is not well-advised IMO.

  4. #14
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    38
    Hi UTU,
    Thanks for the response; I have not bought Knoppix this way either. It's a very good marketing strategy for Linux Magazine to offer the 7.3 DVD with their sequential periodical. I'll take the option of waiting a few months for the 'Community Edition' because I like its subsequent edited version which often corrects a few problems that may be found in the earlier CeBIT edition. I appreciate your answer, UTU.
    Blessings
    buymystock

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by buymystock View Post
    Is it possible to buy a copy of Knoppix 7.3.0 anyplace? I read that it has not been released to the public yet for download.
    .
    Here's a new clue as to when the 'Community Edition' might be available:
    a French offer of Knoppix 7.3 with an offering date of May 31. Find this at:
    http://www.getlinux.fr/knoppix-knoppix-p-78.html

  6. #16
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    .
    Here's a new clue as to when the 'Community Edition' might be available:
    a French offer of Knoppix 7.3 with an offering date of May 31. Find this at:
    http://www.getlinux.fr/knoppix-knoppix-p-78.html
    Greetings, UTU,
    I may send out for the DVD from the French company mentioned in your reply.
    It costs a little over $10.00 in United States Dollars (USD) currency. The link works for me. They give their complete mailing address for payment with 3 or 4 day waiting period for DVD to arrive after payment is received in their office. Much gratitude, "utu".
    Blessings
    "acheter mon stock"

  7. #17
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Greetings, buymystock.

    I expect free downloads may be available on about this same time scale,
    unless Klaus K finds something he wants to correct first.

  8. #18
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    38

    Thumbs up Meeting Klaus K!

    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    Greetings, buymystock.

    I expect free downloads may be available on about this same time scale,
    unless Klaus K finds something he wants to correct first.
    I would love to meet Klaus K or get a personal email from him; he's awe-inspiring and incredible! Naturally, his operating systems are too! I have been fortunate enough to have discovered and practiced using his Knoppix OS since version 2.2, more than a decade ago; at that time, I quickly and successfully weaned myself off of microsoft's detritus rubbish.

  9. #19
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    CeBIT videos

    Not a real meeting with K. Knopper, but perhaps you would like to see him at CeBIT 2012
    http://www.techcast.com/events/cebit12/mi05/

    or at Cebit 2014 (German language only!)
    http://www.techcast.com/events/cebit...215/?q=di-1215

  10. #20
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Hello again, buymystock.

    I'm also fond of both Klaus K and his Knoppix product.
    Your join date shows you've been at this longer than I have. Congratulations.

    My observation is that Klaus K does not frequent this forum, except rarely.
    He has not been very active even on his own forum lately, at least publicly,
    as you can see at:
    https://lists.debian.org/debian-knoppix/2014

    I think Klaus K does monitor his own forum, however, and will most likely respond
    to specific questions there, if the questions are reasonable and pertinent, and
    almost certainly if you've found a legitimate problem that needs his attention.

    Werner points out that Klaus K may be seen on some past CeBIT sessions giving
    lectures there in both English and German.
    Last edited by utu; 05-10-2014 at 12:48 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368 picture

OEM Genuine 42Wh WDX0R For DELL Inspiron WDXOR Battery 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368

$22.99



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511

$28.99



Lot of 10OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 63WH Battery RJ40G M033W - Excellent picture

Lot of 10OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 63WH Battery RJ40G M033W - Excellent

$175.00



New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W picture

New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W

$49.95



OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17 picture

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17

$45.49



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5411 15 5501 5511 Precision 3541

$35.78



Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade picture

Lot of 5 Dell OEM 65W 7.4mm 19.5V 3.34A AC Adapters Mixed Models B Grade

$36.99



OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576 picture

OEM 74WH 357F9 Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 7559 i7559 7557 i7557 5577 7567 5576

$26.99



New Dell OEM Inspiron 15 3511 15.6

New Dell OEM Inspiron 15 3511 15.6" Battery 11.25V 41Wh 3467mAh G91J0 MGCM5

$44.95



Genuine OEM 6GTPY 97Wh Battery for Dell XPS 15 7590, 9550 Series 5XJ28 GPM03 New picture

Genuine OEM 6GTPY 97Wh Battery for Dell XPS 15 7590, 9550 Series 5XJ28 GPM03 New

$33.50