Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Adding commands to shutdown and reboot

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    1. How do you change audio volume settings?
    2. How do you save volume settings if changed?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631

    For example...

    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    1. How do you change audio volume settings?
    2. How do you save volume settings if changed?
    In addition to /etc/rc.local,
    I use the alsamixer gui that comes up using alsamixer in a terminal window, to observe,
    set and record most alsamixer settings. See the attached png.
    This gui shows graphically all the audio settings.

    I use the volume control applet on the lxpanel to change and/or mute the volume control.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3

    Like this

    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    In addition to /etc/rc.local,
    I use the alsamixer gui that comes up using alsamixer in a terminal window, to observe,
    set and record most alsamixer settings. See the attached png.
    This gui shows graphically all the audio settings.

    I use the volume control applet on the lxpanel to change and/or mute the volume control.
    to change volume i just mess around with the LXDE pluginvolume.png

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by jvfc678 View Post
    to change volume i just mess around with the LXDE pluginvolume.png
    I have no experience with the png you show for a Volume Control applet.

    The one I use is the standard lxpanel applet supplied with Knoppix.
    If missing, thie applet I use may be added with
    Right Click lxpanel>Add/Remove Panel Items>Panel Applets>Volume Control>Add

    You might try that.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by utu View Post
    I have no experience with the png you show for a Volume Control applet.

    The one I use is the standard lxpanel applet supplied with Knoppix.
    If missing, thie applet I use may be added with
    Right Click lxpanel>Add/Remove Panel Items>Panel Applets>Volume Control>Add

    You might try that.
    That is the same one Im using on the image

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series picture

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series

$235.99



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99