-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi @all!
Where do useless kernel header files belong to?
-
Knoppix 7.7.0 beats Knoppix 7.7.1--Get the Linux Magazine Edition #185 with the 7.7.0
I've used 7.7.0 with zero problems and it works GREAT! Got it about 4 months ago with the magazine (printed edition) and it's worth every dollar you pay, 12 or 13 United States Dollars. I live in USA and delivery took only two days. Highly recommend 7.7.0.

Originally Posted by
ICPUG
Knoppix 7.7, Linux Magazine Edition, released in conjunction with the CeBIT 2016 Exhibition, can be found on the April Edition (No. 185) of the UK version of Linux Magazine.
Before anyone starts jumping up and down demanding the public edition should be available for download it is as well to remember that past experience is that the .1 public edition does not usually appear till later, (maybe as late as September). The benefit of the wait is you get some bugs fixed. Klaus Knopper releases when he is ready.
This year's CeBIT release is somewhat larger than usual, stretching to TWO extra KNOPPIX files. This is because it includes several CAD programs. These do NOT appear on public releases of Knoppix.
-

Originally Posted by
buymystock
Highly recommend 7.7.0.
Up to you if you prefer to eat stale bread.
-

Originally Posted by
buymystock
I've used 7.7.0 with zero problems and it works GREAT! Got it about 4 months ago with the magazine (printed edition) and it's worth every dollar you pay, 12 or 13 United States Dollars. I live in USA and delivery took only two days. Highly recommend 7.7.0.
Why would you recommend an older version that doesn't have all of the security updates of the latest version? That doesn't make much sense.
-
Are you using Knoppix 7.7.1? I can't get my copy to perform properly; I have the correct md5sum that I downloaded previous to getting the 7.7.1 .iso file from knopper.net's mirror (http://www dot uni-kl.de/startseite/ and I also tried a few other mirrors too. The md5sum matches my downloaded 7.7.1 .iso file but for some reason, 7.7.1 just doesn't like my computer. Notwithstanding, 7.7.0 loves my computer as an alternative.
-
Run flash-knoppix. It loves my computer.
Last edited by philo; 11-24-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD
$84.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99