Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Docs page defaced

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    55

    Docs page defaced

    Have a look - someone needs to mend the wiki...

  2. #2

    Knoppix.net compromised???

    I
    LOVE
    YOU
    CARLA AND ALWAYS

    or such was the message, my first time visiting knoppix.net and I thought it
    was unprofessional (but then I realize knoppix.net has been hacked). Some
    of the FTP sites are point to weird URL as well (presently) to outside of the
    U.S. when it should point w/in the U.S.

    I think Knoppix.net has been compromised and not just a prank of deface.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Hi,
    the ftp sites all look fine to me, got an example?

    As for that wiki I love you thing, someone edited the wiki, which is perfectly allowed ( though it's not allowed to mess it up of course. )

    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...ge?version=154

    That is version 154 of the wiki homepage

    Then someone fixed it :

    http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...ge?action=diff

    In the future there will be a login to the wiki.

  4. #4
    I think the Univ. Illinois ftp point to somewhere .de --I take it the alternating FTP servers at "Get Knoppix" is normal?

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by defaultusername
    I think the Univ. Illinois ftp point to somewhere .de --I take it the alternating FTP servers at "Get Knoppix" is normal?
    the link on the Illinois is :
    ftp://uiarchive.uiuc.edu/mirrors/ftp...linux/knoppix/

    it is a mirror of a .de ftp server.. as knoppix comes from .de

    Yes the alternating is normal, it detects your country and if you're from US will show US mirrors at the top. If it listed them the same every time then the top one would get hit the most, randomizing the order spreads the load between the mirrors.

Similar Threads

  1. What happened to the Docs page? eom
    By RoadKill in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 05:12 AM
  2. Docs Down... How Long?
    By jMon54 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 04:03 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 10:43 PM
  4. Docs:HDInstallChangeUserHowto
    By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-10-2003, 07:58 AM
  5. RFP: Docs "banner" on frontpage/page-header?
    By Henk Poley in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-30-2003, 06:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2550.00



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Cray-1 UNIVAC 1103 Apple 1 CDC 6600 IBM SAGE picture

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Cray-1 UNIVAC 1103 Apple 1 CDC 6600 IBM SAGE

$65.00



S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board) picture

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)

$40.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00