I have a Linksys WPC11 version 4. It appears to work in the new Knoppix 3.4 (yay!). I run wlcardconfig and configure everything (I think everything) and I can connect just fine.
I modified the kismet.conf file to use: source=hostap,eth0,hostapsource
and did an enablesources=hostapsource
When I try and run kismet_server I get the following:
... snip ...
Source 0 (hostapsource): Enabling monitor mode for hostap source interface eth0 channel 6...
FATAL: Failed to retrieve list of private ioctls 95:Operation not supported
Any ideas why this is happening? (and yes Im running it as root)

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
$280.00
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
HPe Proliant Microserver Gen10 AMD Opteron 16GB RAM, 3x Intel SSD, Working
$600.00
Supermicro Server CSE-512L-200B 1U Chassis with X9SCL-F Core i3-2100 8GB 220W
$200.00
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$239.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99