Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: HOWTO: Linux partition on a NTFS formatted hd

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dixieland
    Posts
    5

    HOWTO: Linux partition on a NTFS formatted hd

    This is probably too elementary to be posted here, so I apologize in advance, but for what it is worth I am a pink little newbie, have wanted to try out Linux for a couple of years but have been overly cautious. I am using a Promise Ultra 133 TX controller, Dell XPS R400 w/ Diamond Max 80gb hd, ATI Radeon graphics card, all else is stock. So far knx-install recognizes the drive, it shows up and lists the proper disk size, but I am hesitating until I know what to do about a partition.

    My question is how to create a Linux partition on this disc without interfering with my Win 2000 Pro partition? I am 'puter literate, but I have not done this before. A little push to get me going would be appreciated.

    From what I have seen of KNOPPIX so far, if I can get GNU/Linux installed on my hard drive I'll leave Windows to my wife & kids and never,ever, look back.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dixieland
    Posts
    5

    Just Opened My Pretty Blue eyes... STICKY

    Engaged in reading Little White Dog's articles right now... given time I WILL calm down!

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    belgium
    Posts
    27
    you may wish to have a look at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=46750 or at http://godot.be -> penguins

    g.

Similar Threads

  1. Booting From [NTFS] Partition
    By twiistedkaos in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 01:23 PM
  2. ntfs.sys file: Writing on ntfs partition version 3.8.1
    By zette in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 03:03 PM
  3. Formatting partition for ntfs
    By dannysosa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 03:50 PM
  4. Howto shrink partition?
    By sn0wflake in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 09:14 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2004, 04:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$180.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$33.94



HPE B-series 16Gb SFP+ QK724A Pull Tab Optical Transceiver picture

HPE B-series 16Gb SFP+ QK724A Pull Tab Optical Transceiver

$10.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99