-
Looking for CDROM in /dev/scd0
knopppix 3.4 booting with noscsi nopcmcia
I get the following:
Enabling DMA acceleration for: hda [WD ...]
Enabling DMA acceleration for: hdc [SAMSUNG ...]
Looking for CDROM in: /dev/scd0
then it keeps spinging the CDROM drive and nothing happens.
It's on a Dell Optiplex GX150. 3.1 auto boot had no problem at all.
Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Jae
-
Hi !
I have been using 3.3 without any problem. 3.4 seems to hang while searching for the CD drive :
Looking for CDROM in: /dev/scd0
The CD drive spins for a while and then the seach scan for hda, hdb then hangs.
I tried on my other pc and I was able to boot ok.
If someone has a clue of how to make it work, I will give it a try !
-
Junior Member
registered user
I am also having a problem, booting with "linux26 noscsi nodma" it hangs on the line:
Accessing KNOPPIX CDROM on /dev/scd0
but if I switch to the 2.4.236 kernerl with "linux24 noscsi nodma" it boots fine..
What the heck is going on here?!
-
try nodma
tanks i see if i can make 2.6 work
-
me too. i have a dell optiplex and knoppix 3.3 (and 3.2) booted fine without any intervention from me. i download 3.4 (and checked/verified md5) but both the May 4th 2004 and May 10th 2004 releases hang on "looking for CDROM" dev/scd0...I eventually had to use failsafe to boot into KDE.
does anyone have any idea? let me know if you need more info from me. TIA.
-
just throwing in another "me too"
I'm using a Dell Latitude.
-

Originally Posted by
thepler
just throwing in another "me too"
I'm using a Dell Latitude.
knoppix nodma
at the boot prompt worked for me
-
i have this problem also..
it assigns my cdrom to /dev/hda and my hd to /dev/hdd
but then it scans /dev/scd0 for the knoppix cd..?!
of course it's not there, since the cd is located at /dev/hda. it then spits out the "cannot find knoppix file system"..
how do i fix this??
-
Re: Looking for CDROM in /dev/scd0

Originally Posted by
twin_cylinder
knopppix 3.4 booting with noscsi nopcmcia
I get the following:
Enabling DMA acceleration for: hda [WD ...]
Enabling DMA acceleration for: hdc [SAMSUNG ...]
Looking for CDROM in: /dev/scd0
then it keeps spinging the CDROM drive and nothing happens.
It's on a Dell Optiplex GX150. 3.1 auto boot had no problem at all.
Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Jae
I noticed you have a SAMSUNG cd drive. Maybe this is the root of our problem because I have one too and I get the same thing.
-

Originally Posted by
thepler

Originally Posted by
thepler
just throwing in another "me too"
I'm using a Dell Latitude.
knoppix nodma
at the boot prompt worked for me
This also worked for me.
Similar Threads
-
By sstathakis in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 05:11 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 04:03 PM
-
By ivansv1 in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 12:00 PM
-
By Buchwald in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-02-2003, 07:51 PM
-
By Koga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

LOT of 10 Cisco 30-1421-01 SFP-GE-T EXT 1000BASE-T RJ45 Copper SFP Transceiver
$97.99

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00