-
Senior Member
registered user
Ah, yes. For icewm and fluxbox, the global configs are in /usr/share I think. I haven't tried adjusting wmaker or xfce yet. I figure that a few barebones minimal window managers are a good thing.
When you are in those WM's as knoppix in your chrooted environment, you are adjusting the user-level configs in /home/knoppix that eventually get put in /etc/skel. However these WM's are set to use the global configs instead of the uyser configs. So to make changes to them, I suggest comparing your already modified configs with the ones in /usr/share/icewm and /usr/share/fluxbox.
Icepref, myice, and several other gui configurators are available for icewm if you don't want to edit the configuration by hand. You'll just need to install one of them with apt-get (and possibly remove it later if you are running low on space). I usually edit fluxbox configs by hand.
Also, if you want to set bmp/jpg/png backgrounds in fluxbox instead of the tiles that its themes use, you can edit the theme files. To accomplish this I install eterm (a transperancy-capable terminal) which includes the program esetroot. Esetroot can be used in the fluxbox theme configurations to set an image as a background. This is not the only way to set a background in a fluxbox theme, but its the way I like to do it.
I didn't know anything about tweaking icewm or fluxbox until I started remastering my own Knoppix. Google and various Linux forums were able to answer all my questions though.
I also had some trouble with getting Gnome to restore its saved session, but I can't remember now what I did to make it work......
Similar Threads
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 02:09 AM
-
By gursharnsingh in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By vi.tan.gr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 07:53 AM
-
By rdmelin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 02:27 PM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge 2950 EMS01 2U Server 6x 146GB 15K SAS PERC 5/i Dual PSU Xeon
$200.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping
$54.99