-
Junior Member
registered user
Cannot boot 3.4: suspect SATA problem - help!
QUICK HISTORY:
I have been running a HD install on knoppix 3.3 for some time now and it works great. I have two SATA hard drives in the machine, and after I boot I have to run:
hdparm -X66 -d1 /dev/hdg
in order to get the hard drives to work. In the past when I ran knoppix 3.3 from disk it recognized them automatically.
PROBLEM:
My problem is knoppix 3.4 won't boot at all! If I boot into "linux26" it will freeze / hang / lockup on the line:
Probing SCSI... a100u2w.o
and if I boot with the "linux26 noscsi" option it writes "scanning for hard disk partitions and creating /etc/fstab" and then it starts repeating "disabling irq #18" over and over and over
I saw one post that said to disable plug n play BIOS, so i wnt into my BIOS and it doesnt have that option, but I did change it to not automatically do the plug n play IRQ thing automatically. Now it does Manual and still boots fine in 3.3
BUT i still can't get 3.4 to boot at all......... help! please! thank you
Similar Threads
-
By eiger67 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-10-2005, 09:03 PM
-
By moep in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-04-2005, 06:52 AM
-
By Evil One in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-01-2005, 11:01 PM
-
By rcook in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 04:22 PM
-
By best15 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Cisco WS-X6904-40G-2T 4-Port 40 Gigabit Ethernet Fiber Module
$299.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$180.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99