Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I could not format a diskette with Knoppix 3.4

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    9

    I could not format a diskette with Knoppix 3.4

    Hi

    I've tried to format diskettes with Knoppix 3.4 but always failed. After the formatting, the diskettes become all unreadable under Knoppix and Windows. I didn't have this problem with Knoppix 3.3.

    Could someone tell me why ?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    93
    dmk,
    After reading your post, I tried formatting a floppy using KFloppy, I noticed that the drive sounded as if it was working, however, the progress bar remained at 0%, I then tried to save a file to the disk and the following is the error I get:

    Unknown error
    plain_io: Input/output error
    init A: could not read boot sector
    Cannot initialize 'A:'


    This happens with DOS and ext2 file systems. It appears I am having a problem with this as well. This may be a bug, if I find a fix, I will post it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    9
    Hi DuckDodgers

    I saw the same progress bar stuck at 0%. When I tried to open the floppy I had the error message "/mnt/floppy doesn't exist". I do think it's a bug. (I was using the CD and do not install on HDD yet)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 11:08 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 04:17 PM
  3. Cannot format a floppy under Knoppix 3.6 ;(
    By RhavoX in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-30-2004, 06:50 PM
  4. Can I format C drive with Knoppix?
    By janggu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-20-2004, 02:21 AM
  5. I want to set Knoppix from Diskette automatically.
    By limbo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 05:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Intel X710-DA4 4-Port 10Gb SFP+ Ethernet Adapter EX710DA4G1P5 w/ SFPs picture

Intel X710-DA4 4-Port 10Gb SFP+ Ethernet Adapter EX710DA4G1P5 w/ SFPs

$250.00



Penguin Computing Arctica 4806XP 48-Port 10G SFP+ 6x 40G QSFP+ Switch Dual PSU picture

Penguin Computing Arctica 4806XP 48-Port 10G SFP+ 6x 40G QSFP+ Switch Dual PSU

$385.00



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50