-
Junior Member
registered user
knoppix user automatically logs in v3.4 + /etc/sudoers
Hi,
I downloaded today the new version of knoppix because I had to re-install everything anyway and I do not succeed at loggin in as another user. It automatically goes into knoppix, even though I changed the comfiguration files from the kde interface.
Another question is... how can I restringe the privileges of user knoppix? In the /etc/sudoers file I found this:
# KNOPPIX WARNING: This allows the unprivileged knoppix user to start commands as root
# KNOPPIX WARNING: This is totally insecure and (almost) makes knoppix a second root account.
# KNOPPIX WARNING: Never allow external access to the knoppix user!!!
knoppix ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
Please tell me how to change this. My real goal is to employ another user and delete the knoppix one. Do you have any advice?
thanks,
Pau
Similar Threads
-
By wokka in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 07:43 PM
-
By ArthurAnderson in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-17-2005, 11:41 PM
-
By pureone in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-27-2004, 06:56 PM
-
By Markus in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-29-2003, 09:10 AM
-
By markgilmore in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 03:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00